Wilson Commons Student Activities

Event Planning


To find current information on catering visit UR Environmental Health and Safety. Hosting an event with food poses unique risks and liabilities. You must speak to your advisor when planning any events requiring food.

Food Trucks

Food trucks selling on campus are permitted in conjunction with College Community Weekends with approvals from Wilson Commons Student Activities, Dining Services, the Campus Sanitarian's Office and Fire Marshal's Office.

They may also be allowed on campus as a catered event. Catered events are events where food is provided free to the guests and not sold to individual participants. If the event is catered, the food truck must be approved through the Catering Waiver process of the campus Sanitarian's Office.

During academic year breaks and summer sessions food trucks may also be allowed to sell on campus if sponsored by the Breaks Committee and/or the Arts, Sciences and Engineering Office of Summer Programs and Part-Time Studies.

All food trucks will be required to provide the following:

In addition, all food trucks must sign a contract with the University.

Food trucks are not allowed on campus at any other time or occasion.