Welcome to Virtual EMS!
***THERE HAVE BEEN CHANGES TO VIRTUAL EMS. PLEASE READ EVEN IF YOU’RE FAMILIAR WITH VIRTUAL!
Welcome to Virtual EMS!
First a few important notes:
- Reservation requests made through Virtual EMS are given priority over green reservation forms, so please use Virtual EMS to make your reservation requests.
- What you submit using Virtual EMS is a REQUEST for a Reservation. You won’t know if you actually have a reservation until you receive a Confirmation from the Reservation Coordinator.
- ***Virtual EMS templates now allow requests to be made for the full academic year.
- ***Virtual EMS templates have updated to allow access to more venues and allow shorter advance notice for some locations.
To begin, please direct your web browser to this link:
In the upper left corner you should see the words “My Account.” Move your cursor over it and the words “log in” will appear. Click on “log in.”
At the login window please enter your email address (we use either the address submitted on your renewal form or as conveyed by a previous representative of your group). By default, your password is set to 52333.
Once you’re in you’ll see the headings change in the upper left corner to read “Browse, Reservations, My Account.” Move your cursor to “My Account” and click “edit my account” in the drop-down menu.
In the Account Management window you can change your password, change your email address, change your telephone number, and your name, (please don’t change your name). At this point please feel free to change your email address if there’s one you use more frequently, add a telephone number, and change your password. Note that this will change the information required to login the next time you return. If at any time it is necessary for your organization to change the Virtual EMS contact person, please fill out the update form located in CCC. Follow the link to the form from this site:
Please DO NOT change the name on the existing account.
To request a reservation follow these steps:
- Move your cursor over the heading labeled “reservations.”
- Choose your template; either WC – Self Service Rooms, WC – Supported Rooms, or WC Performance Venues.
- Find a location for your event:
- Find a space manually by using clicking on “Browse for space” in the upper left corner. To change the date and look at a specific building click “filter” located on the upper right border of the grid.
- Find a space using the search tool (see the tutorial for help with requesting recurring reservations):
- Enter the date for your reservation (for weekly meetings, this is the date your reservation will start). Requests that fall outside the academic year may be denied. The dates are 9/2 – 12/12 for Fall 2014, and 1/14 – 4/29 for Spring 2015). Note that requests must be made at least with the correct timeframe for the template your chose.
- Click the “find space” button. Your results will appear to the right.
- Select your preferred location by clicking the green symbol at the left of the room listing. Note that the listing has moved to the top of the window under “selected locations”. If you’d like to remove this from the list, click the red symbol at the left of the room listing.
- Enter the event details (click the details tab at the top). Please keep in mind the following:
- An event type that includes an asterisk does not post to the university Calendar. Event Types without an asterisk does post to the University Calendar.
- Always select a contact. Make certain this person is authorized to add charges to your reservation. Confirmations, Event Support estimates and invoices will be sent to this person.
- Click “submit”. You should notice a change in the window. The upper left tab says “Reservation Details”, and the locations should appear at the bottom under “Bookings”
- You have now submitted a reservation request. Remember that this request does not guarantee a reservation. The Wilson Commons Reservation Coordinator (Saundra Peters) will send an email within 2 business days confirming your reservation or cancelling the request. Please note that during periods of high volume at the beginning of each semester, the response times may be delayed.
To keep our system current, please stop by the Event Support and Reservations office, located in 201 Wilson Commons, to remove old contacts from your group’s contact list.