Welcome to Virtual EMS
Please remember that what you submit using Virtual EMS is a REQUEST for a Reservation. Requests are not finalized until you receive a Confirmation from the Reservation Coordinator.
Initial startup instructions are below and a full visual tutorial is also available.
To begin, please direct your web browser to this link: https://www.calendar.rochester.edu/
Even without an account, you can browse for available space.
In the upper left corner you should see the words "My Account." Move your cursor over it and the words "log in" will appear. Click on "log in."
At the login window please enter your email address. By default, your password is set to 52333.
After you are logged in, you'll see the headings change in the upper left corner to read "Browse, Reservations, My Account." Move your cursor to "My Account" and click "edit my account" in the drop-down menu.
In the Account Management window you can change your password, change your email address, change your telephone number, and your name, (please don't change your name). At this point please feel free to change your email address if there's one you use more frequently, add a telephone number, and change your password. Note that this will change the information required to login the next time you return. If at any time it is necessary for your student organization to change the Virtual EMS contact person, please fill out the form located on the Form's page. Departments should contact Event & Classroom Management to update or change their contract.
Please DO NOT change the name on the existing account.
To request a reservation follow these steps:
- Move your cursor over the heading labeled "reservations."
- Choose your template; either WC - Self Service Rooms, WC - Supported Rooms, or WC Performance Venues. (For University departments, your templates have an ECM prefix.)
- Find a location for your activity:
- Find a space manually by using clicking on "Browse for space" in the upper left corner. To change the date and look at a specific building click "filter" located on the upper right border of the grid.
- Find a space using the search tool (see the tutorial for help with requesting recurring reservations):
- Enter the date for your reservation (for weekly meetings, this is the date your reservation will start). Note that requests must be made with the correct timeframe for the template your chose.
- Click the "find space" button. Your results will appear to the right.
- Select your preferred location by clicking the green symbol at the left of the room listing. Note that the listing has moved to the top of the window under "selected locations." If you'd like to remove this from the list, click the red symbol at the left of the room listing.
- Enter the event details (click the details tab at the top). Please keep in mind the following:
- An event type that includes an asterisk does not post to the University Calendar. Event types without an asterisk do post to the University Calendar.
- Always select a contact. Make certain this person is authorized to add charges to your reservation. Confirmations, estimates and invoices will be sent to this person.
- Click "submit." You should notice a change in the window. The upper left tab says "Reservation Details," and the locations should appear at the bottom under "Bookings"
- You have now submitted a reservation request. Remember that this request does not guarantee a reservation. A Reservation Coordinator will send an email within 2 business days confirming your reservation or cancelling the request. Please note that during periods of high volume at the beginning of each semester, the response times may be delayed.