Using Virtual EMS
Please remember that what you submit using Virtual EMS is a request for a reservation. Requests are not finalized until you receive a confirmation from the reservation coordinator.
Initial startup instructions are below and a full visual tutorial is also available.
Even without an account, you can browse for available space.
Creating an Account
- Click on “My Account” in the upper-left corner to log in.
- At the login window, please enter your email address. By default, your password is set to 52333.
- After you are logged in, you'll see the headings change in the upper-left corner to read "Browse, Reservations, My Account." Move your cursor to "My Account" and click "edit my account" in the drop-down menu.
- In the Account Management window, you can change your password, email address, and telephone number (please don't change your name). At this point, please feel free to change your email address if there's one you use more frequently, then add a telephone number and change your password.
Note: Completing these steps changes the information required to log in the next time you return. If at any time it is necessary for your student organization to change the Virtual EMS contact person, please fill out the form located on the forms page. Departments should contact Event and Classroom Management to update or change their contact.
Please DO NOT change the name on the existing account.
Request a Reservation
To request a reservation follow these steps:
- Move your cursor over the heading labeled "reservations."
- Choose your template:
- WC – Request a room without services
- WC – Request a room with additional services
- WC – Request an event venue
- Find a location for your activity:
- Find a space manually by using clicking on "Browse for space" in the upper-left corner. To change the date and look at a specific building, click "filter" located on the upper-right border of the grid.
- Find a space using the search tool:
- Enter the date for your reservation (for reoccurring meetings, this is the date your reservation will start). Note that requests must be made with the correct timeframe for the template your chose.
- Click the "find space" button. Your results will appear to the right.
- Select your preferred location by clicking the green symbol at the left of the room listing. If you'd like to remove this from the list, click the red symbol at the left of the room listing.
- Enter the event details (click the details tab at the top). Please keep in mind the following:
- An event type that includes an asterisk does not post to the University Calendar. Event types without an asterisk may post to the University Calendar.
- Always select a contact. Make certain this person is authorized to add charges to your reservation. Confirmations, estimates, and invoices will be sent to this person.
- Click "submit." You should notice a change in the window. The upper-left tab now says "Reservation Details," and the locations should appear at the bottom under "Bookings"
You have now submitted a reservation request. Remember that this request does not guarantee a reservation. A reservation coordinator will send an email within two business days confirming your reservation or cancelling the request. Please note that during periods of high volume at the beginning of each semester, the response times may be delayed.