Reverting to a Previous Version
You submitted a change on a page and now you realize that the previous version of the page was better.
You can activate any previous version of a page that was submitted.
The WCMS keeps track of all changes to a page in separate copies called Versions. The list of Versions for each page will show the user who submitted it and the time and date that it was submitted. You can navigate through all of the Versions, compare them with the current Version, and activate any of them.
Reverting to a previous version:
- Select the page that you want to revert
- Click the More tab and select Versions
- In the list of previous versions, click on the link to the version that you want to view, and it will open in the main window
- In the Viewing bar for this Version you can select any of the following actions:
- Newer - navigate to a later version
- Older - navigate to an earlier version
- Current - go back to the current version
- Activate - make the version that you are viewing become the currently active version
- Delete - delete this version
- Compare with Current - view a visual comparison of the differences between the current version and the version that you are viewing
- After you have navigated to the Version that you want, click the Activate link
Your changes will be saved in the WCMS after you click Submit, but they will not appear in your web site until the page is published.