Adding an Image
You want to add an image to your page.
An image can be added to a page that is stored in the WCMS, but before you can use it on your page, you must first upload it to the WCMS as a JPEG, GIF, or PNG file.
The name of your image file will be the same name that is used in the WCMS and in the computer code for the web pages where you place the image. It is important to use the following rules for naming your image files before you upload them to the WCMS.
- Do use the correct file name extension (for example, .jpg or .gif or .png).
- Do not use spaces in the name.
- Do not use punctuation in the name.
- Do not use capital letters in the name.
To upload an image file:
- In the Asset Tree at the left, expand the folder named “assets” by clicking the
plus (+) sign to its left.
- Select the folder for images
- Click on “New” in the top menu bar, and select File
- Click on the Browse… button
- In the file browser that pops open, select the image file that you want to upload
- Click Open
- Click Submit
To place an image on your page:
- Click on the page you want the image on
- Click the Edit tab
- Click in the WYSIWYG field where you want to insert the image
- Click the "Insert/edit image" button in the toolbar
- In the window that pops up, select "Internal" for the type of image
- Next to the "Image" label click the "Browse" button and navigate to the "assets" folder and then the "img" folder in the Asset Tree
- Click on the image you want, then click Confirm
- Fill in the "Alternate Text" field with a brief description of the image
- Fill in the width and height fields if they did not fill in automatically (use pixel dimensions)
- Click Insert
Tip: You can force the text to wrap around the image on either the left or right by clicking on the image in the WYSIWYG field and then applying the appropriate float from the Styles dropdown in the toolbar.