Unpublishing and Deleting a Page
You want to delete a page that is in the WCMS and you want to remove it from your website.
When you delete a page in the WCMS, it will not be removed from the web server automatically. Before you delete a page (or any type of published asset), you must first unpublish it to remove it from the server.
Likewise, if you rename a page, it will not be renamed on the server automatically. Before you rename an asset, you must first unpublish it and then republish it.
Unpublishing a page:
- Open the page that you want to unpublish
- Click the Publish tab
- Click the radio button for Un-Publish
- Select the Destination for the server where your page is now located
- Click Submit
After you click Submit, your unpublish job will be added to the Publisher queue. Depending on whether there are other pages that are already in the queue, your page may be unpublished right away or there may be a delay of several minutes. You can check the progress of your job by viewing the Publisher queue.
To view the Publisher queue:
- Click on the first menu in the top navigation bar (Swirl Cascade logo with down arrows), and then select Publisher > Active Jobs
- Look for the name of the page that you published. If you do not see it under "Current Job" or "Queued Jobs" then your publishing job has finished.
- Open a new browser window and navigate to the page on your server to check it.
After you have unpublished a page, then you can safely delete it from the WCMS.
To delete a page:
- Open the page that you want to delete
- Click on the More tab and select Delete
- If you have not already unpublished your page, you can unpublish it when it is deleted by selecting the Un-publish Content checkbox
- Click Submit