Curtis Awards go to six grad students
The University has announced the winners of the 1997 Edward Peck Curtis Awards for Excellence in Teaching by a Graduate Student. Winners received a $500 award at a luncheon in their honor. Twenty-two students were nominated from throughout the University this year. This is the 14th year of competition for the awards.
The winners are:
- Mishkatul Bhattacharya, Department of Physics and Astronomy, was nominated for his leadership in educational innovation and for his work on the TA Training Committee.
- Mary Boland, Department of English, was nominated for her work with the Early Connection Opportunity Program and the Learning Assistance Services office.
- Stefanie Crumbley, Department of Music Theory, was nominated for her expertise in HyperCard programming and computer instruction.
- Carol Marchetti, Department of Statistics, was nominated for her performance, dedication, and effectiveness as a teacher.
- Amon Seagull, Department of Computer Science, was nominated for his dedication to students.
- Georg Vanberg, Department of Political Science, was nominated for his enthusiasm and rapport with students.
| Contents | Previous article | Next article | In Brief | Calendar | Classifieds | Jobs |
| UR Home |
Currents home page |
Copyright 1997, University of Rochester
Maintained by University Public Relations
Please send your comments and suggestions to:
Last updated 7-25-1997