Admissions to move to Admin Building;
registrar, bursar, others to relocate
The River Campus admissions, registrar, bursar, and work and career development offices all will be moving to new quarters over the next six months.
The moves will literally put the undergraduate admissions office in attractive quarters at the "front door" of the campus--in the Administration Building. They also will cluster the bursar's, financial aid, and work and career development offices in one location closer to the academic center of campus, for the convenience of enrolled students, and permit a closer integration of the registrar's office and related academic support programs in Lattimore Hall.
The moves come from a series of Re-engineering Rochester fast-track recommendations on how to best locate administrative offices for more efficient work flows and easier student use, and from an evaluation of ways to further enhance student recruiting.
The sequence of moves--with tentative dates--are as follows:
- In late May, some offices within the admissions-financial aid suite of Meliora Hall will move temporarily to another location so that renovation work can begin there.
- In mid-June, the College's Work and Career Development Office will move from the Administration Building to the former Asia Library in Rush Rhees Library as a temporary location.
- In mid-June, renovations to the Administration Building will begin.
- In June, the registrar's office will move from the Administration Building to the second floor of Lattimore Hall as a temporary location. In turn, some graduate students in Modern Languages and
Cultures with offices in that area will be accommodated elsewhere in Lattimore.
- In late July, the bursar's office will move from the Administration Building to a remodeled area in the current admissions-financial aid suite of Meliora Hall.
- The admissions offices will move from Meliora Hall to the Administration Building by the end of October.
- In December, the Work and Career Development Office will move from its temporary quarters at Rush Rhees Library to Meliora Hall.
| Contents | Previous article | Next article | In Brief | Calendar | Classifieds | Jobs |
| UR Home |
Currents home page |
Copyright 1997, University of Rochester
Maintained by University Public Relations
Please send your comments and suggestions to:
Last updated 4-18-1997