Get ready to 'Make Good Things Happen'
The University's 1999 United Way campaign has begun. The contributions that employees make will go to the United Way of Greater Rochester, which supports more than 200 programs in Monroe and six surrounding counties: Wayne, Ontario, Genesee, Wyoming, Livingston, and eastern Orleans.
Last year, United Way programs in five priority areas responded to nearly 825,000 requests for help:
- 35% Kids On Track--Helping preteens and adolescents to thrive
- 20% Success By 6--Preparing our children for success in school
- 20% Strengthening Families--Helping create and maintain family stability, offering assistance with food and shelter, guiding those in crisis
- 17% Overcoming Disabilities--Helping people with disabilities be the best they can be
- 8% Helping Seniors--Encouraging older adults to remain independent and involved
Every year, many people who work at the University get help from local services that receive United Way funding. Last year 1,259 University employees received services through 127 United Way programs.
All employees will soon receive details on how to contribute to this year's campaign. Please help "Make Good Things Happen." For more information on the United Way of Greater Rochester, visit the Web site at www.uwayroch.org.
| UR Home |
Currents home page |
Maintained by University Public Relations
Please send your comments and suggestions to: Public Relations.
Last updated 2-22-1999
| UR Home | Currents home page | Mail | Search |