DEMONSTRATIONS OF DIVERSITY--The Gatka and Kirtan--part of the Sikh tradition of faith--was presented during a religious diversity celebration held April 14 in the River Campus Interfaith Chapel. Anoop Singh Sahota, Gurkiran Kaur Sardar, and Rahuldeet Singh Gill (left to right) performed the ritual, blending practices of physical symmetry, mental acuity, and spiritual awareness. The celebration was the first of its kind and used music, dance, traditional dress, prayer, ceremony, and testimonials to explore a sampling of the variety of faiths on campus.
May 3, 1999
Volume 27 Number 9
- Campuses ready for 149th Commencement
- Rochester-Finger Lakes Exhibition opens
- ESM, McPartland start annual jazz series
- RE: CLARC Upgrade and Closing
- The last of the card catalogs draws near
- DOD's $5 million award is 'TOPS'
- Berlo awarded 1999 Guggenheim
- Students receive awards, scholarships
- Sesquicentennial competition established
- History professor receives major award
- Laser pointer aids Parkinson's patients
- In Brief
- Calendar of Events
33.7% of University employees had given to the campaign as of 4/26. Participation goal: 50%. Campaign total as of 4/26: $654,981.20.
Note summer datesCurrents is published every three weeks from mid-May to mid-August. The next issue will be published on Monday, May 24. The deadline for submissions is noon, Monday, May 17, one week prior to publication.
Remaining summer publication dates are June 14, July 6, July 26, and August 16. Deadlines for submissions are as usual: one week prior to publication, by noon.
Phone x5-4118; fax 275-0359; or e-mail email@example.com.
Julie Welch, editor
Judy Hoehn, calendar & classified editor
Joe Gawlowicz, photographer
Joseph P. Chakalis, Sr., webmaster
Maintained by University Public Relations
Please send your comments and suggestions to: Public Relations.
Last updated 4-30-1999