FAIR SKIES AND FAREWELLS--Bright blue skies and warm temperatures provided the backdrop for the 149th Commencement on Sunday, May 16. Edgar Bronfman, Sr., who delivered the Commencement address and received an honorary Doctor of Humane Letters degree, told the 7,000 people in attendance that "the only thing we really can do with our lives is to make this a better place than we found it." He also urged students to stand up for decency and fight racism and xenophobia. All told, the Class of '99 numbered 2,433.
May 24, 1999
Volume 27 Number 10
- Center for Future Health is here and now
- Athletic center gets major trustee gift
- Chicana scholar will speak at conference
- History becomes herstory as the University hosts the 11th Berkshire Conference
- Summer renovations get under way at the River Campus
- University receives environmental award
- University orchestra performs in Italy
- United Way campaign raises $675,000
- Bredes named director of Susan B. Center
- Employee reporting process sees major changes
- In Brief
- Calendar of Events
Summer schedule reminderCurrents is published every three weeks through mid-August. The next issue will be published on Monday, June 14. The deadline for submissions is noon, Monday, June 7, one week prior to publication.
Remaining summer publication dates are July 6, July 26, and August 16. Deadlines for submissions are as usual: one week prior to publication, by noon.
Phone x5-4118; fax 275-0359; or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Julie Welch, editor
Joe Gawlowicz, photographer
Joseph P. Chakalis, Sr., webmaster
Maintained by University Public Relations
Please send your comments and suggestions to: Public Relations.
Last updated 5-21-1999