DIG IT!--University Trustee Roger Friedlander '56 digs in with his grandchildren Ryan and Sarah Haen to plant a magnolia tree during the Magnolia Garden dedication on April 30. The garden, donated by Friedlander, is located between Rush Rhees Library and Meliora Hall. This is but one of several magnolia trees in the garden, which also is home to a custom-made birdbath built by local artist Sean Calyer. Earlier this year, Friedlander donated some $500,000 to renovate the Welles-Brown Room and the main lobby of the library.
June 14, 1999
Volume 27 Number 11
- Special-ed conference comes to campus
- Longtime employees honored for service
- First Clark Chair of History appointed
- Rodan joins Eastman conducting faculty
- RE: Replacement and Enhancement of University Remote Access
- Noted harpist Eileen Malone dies at 92
- Borasi named to Frederica Warner Chair
- RE: Listservs
- Trustee, alum Mercer Brugler dies at 94
- Janet Wolff awarded Cornell fellowship
- Think Safe
- In Brief
- Calendar of Events
Make a noteCurrents is published every three weeks through mid-August. The next issue will be published on Tuesday, July 6, due to the July 4 holiday. The deadline for submissions is noon, Monday, June 28, one week prior to publication.
Remaining summer publication dates are July 26 and August 16. Deadlines for submissions are as usual: one week prior to publication, by noon.
Phone x5-4118; fax 275-0359; or e-mail email@example.com.
Julie Welch, editor
Joe Gawlowicz, photographer
Joseph P. Chakalis, Sr., webmaster
Maintained by University Public Relations
Please send your comments and suggestions to: Public Relations.
Last updated 6-11-1999