DECADES OF DEDICATION--The six employees shown here with President Thomas Jackson together represent 240 years of service to the University. They and other longtime employees with 25, 30, or 35 years of service were honored last month at a dinner at the Rochester Marriott Airport Hotel. The 40-year employees are (left to right) Helen Weeks, administrative assistant, Community & Preventive Medicine; Dana Rittenhouse, secretary to the College; Bobby DuBose, building mechanic, University Facilities and Services, River Campus Residence Halls; (President Jackson); Theodore Stigler, coordinator, Academic Media & Event Support; Mary Ann Colombino, administrative assistant, Cardiology Unit; Susanne Pettit, technical associate, Department of Environmental Medicine.
Photo by Royal Chamberlain
July 26, 1999
Volume 27 Number 13
- Simon School to offer new concentration
Electronic-commerce specialization begins this fall
- Cooper appointed as River Campus dean
- Name change signals sports make-over
- Libraries acquire Zimmer poetry archive
- Lead exposure increases risk of cavities
- Fellowship awarded to history professor
- UTD: 'Got questions? We got answers.'
- Astrophysicists launch outreach program
- Growth leads to redesign of URMC Web site
- Shellard joins Simon School admissions
- Miranda named director of Greek affairs
- Medical research building gets its name
- ESM faculty to teach classes in Japan
- Physicist awarded two honorary degrees
- In Brief
- Calendar of Events
One issue left for summer Currents scheduleCurrents is published every three weeks through mid-August. The last summer issue will be published on Monday, August 16. The deadline for submissions is noon, Monday, August 9, one week prior to publication.
Phone x5-4118; fax 275-0359; or e-mail email@example.com.
Julie Welch, editor
Joseph P. Chakalis, Sr., webmaster
Maintained by University Public Relations
Please send your comments and suggestions to: Public Relations.
Last updated 7-23-1999