TIME AND AGAIN--At orientation last month, incoming freshmen checked out information booths in Wilson Commons to acquaint them with University services and academic offerings. The Class of 2003 numbers 1,090 and they were chosen from more than 8,600 applicants. About half of the class comes from New York State, with the proportion of students from the South, Midwest, and Southwest on the rise. About a quarter of those who opted to report their ethnic status are members of minority groups and 5 percent are children of University alumni. The Eastman School enrolled a class of 136 freshmen, chosen from nearly 970 applicants.
August 16, 1999
Volume 27 Number 14
- University responds to employee study
- Pifer appointed as new director of UFS
- University gifts rise to record level
- UTD gives phone training progress report
- Phone system installation update
- Vision team to be part of research center
- Former head of chemistry department dies
Tarbell helped shape department over 30-year tenure
- Press launches medical history series
- Marathon team honors leukemia patient
- Cicchetti honored with APA awards
- ESM-Texaco institute draws educators
- In Brief
- Calendar of Events
Currents resumes academic-year scheduleCurrents will publish its next issue on Monday, August 30. The deadline for submissions is noon, Monday, August 23, one week prior to publication.
Phone x5-4118; fax 275-0359; or e-mail email@example.com.
Julie Welch, editor
Joseph P. Chakalis, Sr., webmaster
Maintained by University Public Relations
Please send your comments and suggestions to: Public Relations.
Last updated 8-23-1999