Changes made to fight sexual harassment
S tudents from the Student Senate and the All Campus Judicial Council (ACJC) are working with the intercessor for sexual harassment and the Dean of Students Office this summer to implement several of the recommendations made by the Sexual Harassment Policy Review Committee last semester. Some changes students will see in September:
- The Dean of Students Office will have the option of charging a student with sexual assault (vs. sexual harassment) in circumstances that merit that designation.
- The Dean's Office will offer the option of including student justices as "hearing team" members. Both the complainant and the accused must agree to such inclusion.
- The intercessor and the Dean's Office will train existing and new "hearing team" members, including ACJC students, to participate on the teams early in the fall.
- Stickers advertising the new phone number for the University's Sexual Assault Hotline (x5-RAPE, x5-7273) have been placed on the inside of bathroom stall doors in the residence halls.
- Incoming students will be offered a program during Yellowjacket Day about sexual assault and sexual harassment.
Contact Kathy Sweetland, University intercessor and coordinator of disability resources, at x5-9125 for further information. Students can look for a description of the committee's other activities in the Campus Times in September. Also, check out the University's revised Sexual Assault Prevention Web site and the new UR Here Web site on the University's home page later in August.
| UR Home |
Currents home page |
Maintained by University Public Relations
Please send your comments and suggestions to: Public Relations.
Last updated 7-30-1999
| UR Home | Currents home page | Mail | Search |