||hatever your preferred mode of transportation this summer--a car or a bike--there are precautions you can take by thinking safe:
- Always lock your car and take your keys with you.
- Keep all valuables out of sight in your trunk or carry them with you.
- Park in busy, well-lit areas.
- Consider investing in an anti-theft device.
- Register your vehicle with Parking Services: x5-4524 at the Medical Center; x5-3983 on the River Campus.
- Register your bike by calling x5-2220.
- Keep a record with a complete description of your bike and its serial numbers.
- Secure your bike in a bike rack with a quality U-shaped lock.
- If your bike is stolen or vandalized, notify Security Services immediately at x5-3333.