The Pride Alliance at the University of Rochester offers support to its members and allies and education to the University community in order to:
• Foster an environment that is supportive and respectful of all University employees, students, patients and guests, without regard to their sexual orientation or gender expression.
• Empower Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Questioning and Intersex (LGBTQI) employees and their allies to respond to – and resolve - issues which prevent the full use of their capabilities and/or detract from the quality of their work lives.
• Increase the visibility of LGBTQI staff and faculty within the University community.
• Advocate the recruitment, retention and career advancement of LGBTQI employees.
• Serve as role models to LGBTQI staff, students, patients and the Rochester community.
• Support the diversity mission of the University through innovative relationships with the LGBTQI student and alumni groups, other affinity groups, and with other LGBTQI-friendly organizations throughout our institution and the community.