Community Action Fair
This event is presented by members of the University of Rochester’s Diversity and Inclusion Committee.
Given recent reports of violence and antagonism both locally and nationally, the “Community Action Fair” will serve as a call to the people of Rochester and the University Community to put aside difference and focus our energies on supporting each other through community action. This non-partisan event serves to remind individuals of the richness and power of our community’s diversity and affirm that both the University of Rochester and the broader Rochester community is a welcoming place for all people regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political affiliation or any other aspect of individual’s identities.
We open this event for community service or service-based organizations to use this as a platform to build comradery with other organizations and connect with the Greater Rochester Community by raising awareness of awesome organizations and providing volunteer opportunities.
Members of the Diversity and Inclusion Committee are GRATEFUL for the Sponsorship from the following Offices:
Office of Admissions, Office of Alumni Relations, Office of Faculty Development and Diversity, Office of Global Engagement, Rochester Center for Community Leadership, Rochester Victory Alliance, Wilmot Cancer Center and Wilson Commons Student Activities.
If you are interested in featuring your organization, agency, business, etc. at this event,
please complete the form and submit.
This event will feature DJ Steve-Oh-Traxxx and so much more!
We welcome the following organizations at the event:
- 1199 SEIU United Healthcare Workers East
- American Red Cross
- Anthony Jordan Health Center
- Black Physicians Network of Greater Rochester
- Center for Community Health
- Champion Academy
- Colgate Rochester Crozer Divinity School
- Compeer Rochester
- Diocese of Rochester
- Eastman Institute for Oral Health Community Dentistry
- Education Success Network
- EnCompass: Resources for Learning
- Gay Alliance of the Genesee Valley
- Girl Scouts of Western New York
- Hillside Work-Scholarship Connection
- Highland Family Planning
- Ibero American Action League, Inc. (Developmental Disabilities Department)
- Interfaith Alliance of Rochester
- Jewish Federation of Greater Rochester
- MCC’s Liberty Partnership Programs
- MCC’s Science & Technology Enrichment Programs
- MK Gandhi Institute for Nonviolence
- National Black Leadership Commission on AIDS
- Planned Parenthood of Central & Western New York
- RCSD Parent Engagement and Pre-K Programs
- Refugees Helping Refugees
- Rise Up Rochester, Inc.
- RIT K-12 Programs
- RocCity Coalition
- Rochester Education Foundation: Rochester College Access Network
- Rochester Global Connections
- Rochester Global Refugee Services, Inc.
- Rochester Victory Alliance
- Rochester Youth Year
- Sisters Together Achieving Results
- SURJ Rochester
- Trillium Health
- United Nations Association of Rochester
- Urban League of Rochester, NY, Inc.