Community Action Fair
Thursday, January 25, 2018
4 to 8 p.m.
Frederick Douglass R-Center
999 South Avenue, Rochester, NY 14620
The Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Community Action Fair is an opportunity to bring Rochester and the University Community together in an effort to focus our energies on community engagement, and making Rochester a better place to live, work, and play for all. This non-partisan event serves to highlight the ongoing work in our community, and to remind us of the richness and power of our community’s diversity. We affirm that both the University of Rochester and the broader Rochester community is a welcoming place for all people regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political affiliation or any other aspect of a person’s identities.
This event is FREE and open to the PUBLIC, but we request the completion of our registration form. The information on the form is kept confidential. Thank you.
Information for Exhibitors and Vendors
We open this event for community service or service-based organizations to use this as a platform to build comradery with other organizations and connect with the Greater Rochester Community by raising awareness of awesome organizations and providing volunteer opportunities.
This event is presented by members of the University of Rochester’s Diversity and Inclusion Committee.
Please use the Highland Hospital (Main Loop) shuttle from UR Medical Center (East Drive and Goler Bus Shelter) to reach the Frederick Douglass R-Center. The R-Center is across the street from Highland Hospital. The shuttle leaves every 10 minutes. The last bus that leaves Highland Hospital with drop off at UR Medical Center is 8:00pm. Please see the pamphlet for more insight.
We are grateful for the Office of Minority Student Affairs, Office of Human Resources, PRIDE Alliance, and the Office of Faculty Development and Diversity’s support for the this endeavor.
Our Exhibitors and Vendors
We are excited to share the exhibitors and vendors that will be in attendance.
- Anthony Jordan Health Center
- Artists Coalition for Change Together
- NAMI Rochester
- Rochester Regional Coalition Against Human Trafficking
- Trillium Health
- United Healthcare
- Rochester Public Library
- Southeast Neighborhood Service Center
- St. Joseph’s Neighborhood Center
- PathStone Corporation
- Eastman Institute for Oral Health Community Dentistry and Oral Disease Prevention
- Compeer Rochester
- M.K. Gandhi Institute for Nonviolence
- Highland Family Planning
- Planned Parenthood of Central and Western New York
- Ballet Afrikana: Dance Prep Academy
- Urban League of Rochester, NY, Inc.
- Rochester AmeriCorps
- Colgate Rochester Crozier Divinity School
- Rochester Victory Alliance
- SURJ Rochester (Showing Up for Racial Justice)
- CURE Childhood Cancer Association/Roc City Sicklers Advocate Group
- Girl Scouts of Western New York
- Adirondack Mountain Club, Genesee Valley Chapter
- Lifetime Assistance, Inc.
- Marcus Boatwright of City Year