Mentoring is an important factor for achieving success in academia. The University of Rochester is committed to providing support to those in need of mentoring and to mentors who seek to improve their knowledge and skills. There are several mentoring related events at the University of Rochester throughout the academic calendar. Unless otherwise noted- these events are open to all. Please contact Kurt Zeller at email@example.com if you would like to list your event here.
- Dr. Holly Humphrey, Professor of Medicine and Dean of Medical Education at the University of Chicago. Dr. Humphrey will be the presenting the Mary Ellen Riegel Memorial Lecture, entitled "Mentoring: Ancient Concept/Contemporary Conundrum - " at Medicine Grand Rounds in the Class of '62 Auditorium on October 4 from 8 AM - 9 AM
- Lecture by Dr. Clifton Poodry, Director of the Minority Opportunities in Research Division of the NIGMS/NIH. "The Three Objectives of Training" is on October 13, 2011 from 4:00-5:00pm in the Pearson Conference Room 1416, Saunders Research Building. Click here for more details.
- The Biomedical Engineering Society (BMES) has selected University of Rochester Student Chapter as the recipient of the BMES Student Chapter Mentoring Program Award. The award is given to a student chapter that shows evidence of outstanding Mentoring Program, enhancing the BME education of their members among other qualities throughout the year. The award will be presented at the BMES Business Meeting, Thursday, October 13, 2011 in Hartford, CT
- January is Mentoring Month and the University of Rochester has several events and ways to thank your mentor. Click here for more details
- On March 2, 2012 there is a Future Faculty Workshop on Mentoring. This workshop is open to graduate students and postdoctoral fellows at Rochester. Click here for more details.
- Under the new leadership of Janine Shapiro, The Faculty Development Workshops at the School of Medicine and Dentistry will feature a workshop on Mentoring on March 21, 2012. Sharon Levine of Boston University will be the keynote. Click here for more details.