About the Entrepreneurs-in-Residence
Ed BizariBusiness Development Executive and
EIR, Launch NY
John HawkinsPresident, Benchview Management Corp.;
Vice President, Paramax Corp.
Michael WohlManaging Partner, ClimateHedge
Investments and Greenspace Capital
Business Development Executive
Entrepreneur-in-Residence, Launch NY
Mr. Biazri is a Business Development Executive with a passion for defining strategy and driving growth within small organizations. He holds over 30 years of global experience working with emerging technologies, and prides himself as a fast-learning, energetic, adaptable person who can quickly assess situations, devise strategies, and both advise as well as execute on plans.
- Currently, Mr. Bizari privately and as Entrepreneur-in-Residence at Launch NY, consults with startups and small organizations on strategies, business models, and execution tactics to realize growth.
- Held positions with Fortune 500 as well as start-up companies in the areas of software, telecommunications, and health services.
- Held executive-level positions in the area of sales, marketing, and product management and has a comprehensive understanding of scalable growth and bringing new products and technologies to market.
- Worked in the private as well as government/military sectors, with a significant percentage of business conducted in Europe and Asia.
- Ongoing Mentor/Advisor with various regional startup accelerators and business idea competitions, including 43North, 76West, HTR LaunchPad, Startup Weekend, and Pre-Seed Workshop.
Mr. Bizari holds MBA and BSEE degrees from the Rochester Institute of Technology.
Vice President, Paramax Corp.;
President, Benchview Management Corp.
Mr. Hawkins is an entrepreneur with over 30 years of diverse business experience. He has expertise in the areas of strategic growth, operations and operational efficiencies, and business advisory services with both publicly traded and privately held organizations.
- Currently the President of Benchview Management Corporation, a management consulting firm providing business advisory services to executives in both publicly traded and privately held organizations.
- Currently a Vice President with Paramax Corporation, a boutique investment banking firm, focused primarily on sell-side M&A transactions for companies with enterprise values ranging from $5 million to $500 million.
- Founder and former President of Employer Services Corporation, a nationally recognized human resources outsourcing firm. As a result of his vision and leadership, the Company, which started in the fourth-bedroom of his home, completed 2013 with sales of approximately $260 million. Mr. Hawkins sold his interest in 2013.
- Former Vice President with Computer Task Group (NASDAQ: CTG), a $400 million publicly traded technology-consulting firm (Forbes America’s Top 200 Best Small Companies in 2009).
- Recognized by INC Magazine as a five-time (5) recipient of the INC 500 award as one of America’s 500 Fastest Growing Companies (2001, 2002, 2008, 2009, & 2010)
- Recognized by INC Magazine as America’s #1 Fastest Growing Human Resources Company (2008)
- Selected by Asparte Books to co-author “Inside the Minds: Managing for Profits Centers”
- Received WNY’s “40 Under Forty” award for business success and community service
- Selected by BNSME as a speaker at INC 500 CEO Roundtable, “Fast Growth in Slow Times”
Mr. Hawkins is a registered Investment Banking Representative and holds FINRA Series 62, 63, and 79 licenses. He also holds a degree in Business Administration from SUNY Buffalo.
and Greenspace Capital
Mr. Wohl built his first multinational firm during graduate school. He then went on to establish and run several companies in the fields of manufacturing, media and environmental finance. He has extensive experience in strategic planning and project development with a focus on social entrepreneurship and impact investing. In addition to Mr. Wohl’s commercial experience, he has established and is the executive director of a foundation for the promotion of conflict resolution, nonviolence and the preservation of Tibetan Buddhist culture.
- Scientific and financial analytical background with 25 years of experience in business management and strategic planning.
- 20 years of portfolio management, including equities, fixed-income, options, real estate, private equity and alternative investments.
- Established, owned and ran several multi-million dollar, international businesses with over 100 employees.
He received an MS in biomedical engineering from Worcester Polytechnic Institute and a BS in optical engineering from the University of Rochester.