2017 New York Business Plan Competition Finger Lakes RegionELIGIBILITY AND RULES
In order to be eligible to apply for and participate in both the Regional Contest and Statewide Final Competition, all teams must meet the following criteria:
- Teams must consist entirely of graduate, undergraduate, and/or community college students enrolled in an accredited New York colleges and universities during the 2016-2017 academic year. Students who graduated during the Fall 2016 semester are still eligible to complete in the 2017 competition.
- Consist of one (1) to a maximum of six (6) members, excluding the advisor
- A faculty or staff member is required to be listed as an advisor for the team; offering guidance, support, and technical expertise
- Students may not participate on more than one (1) team each year of the competition
- Each entry must be submitted to only one (1) of the above six (6) categories, i.e. the same entry cannot be submitted to multiple categories (if the entry overlaps multiple categories, the team must choose one category to compete in based on the Category / Track Definitions provided on the second page of the application).
- If the value added created by the product requires an app, website, or software program, then the idea should be classified under IT/Software.
- The judges reserve the right to move entries into another category that fits the business idea.
- Cumulative public and private capital raised may not exceed $100,000. This does not include research funding that may have supported the development of the technology in an academic laboratory.
- Student ownership of the venture must be 100%