Check the calendar on your right, or facebook!. Here are the two links to those pages:
The two events are:
1) SEMINAR ANNOUNCEMENT – TEACHING and the PHD on May 17 ( THIS WEEK! )
2) Registration DEADLINE coming for: Entrepreneur Workshop – May 25, the deadline is May 18! but the event is May 25. Below all the information.
SEMINAR ANNOUNCEMENT – TEACHING and the PHD
Competition for teaching positions can be fierce, particularly in tight economic times. Your likelihood of success in a job search depends largely on what field you are in and how you prepare yourself for a teaching position.
Please join us for an informative seminar on the best ways to prepare for teaching positions. Five educators will share their teaching experiences and offer advice on how to gain experience, network, and be proactive about applying for jobs.
* Amber Wyman, PhD, Assistant Professor of Biology, Finger Lakes Community College
* Ramil Sapinoro, PhD, Assistant Professor, St. John Fisher College, Wegman School of Pharmacy
* Katherine Schaefer, PhD, Lecturer, Specialist in Scientific and Technical Writing, University of Rochester College Writing Program
* Rey Sia, PhD, Associate Professor and Chair, Department of Biological Sciences, The College at Brockport
* Fernando Ontiveros-Llamas, PhD, Post-doctoral Appointee, University of Rochester (Dr. Ontiveros just accepted a teaching position!)
WHEN: Thursday, May 17 , 9:30 to 11:30 am
WHERE: Class of 1962 Auditorium – Med Center G-9425
Entrepreneur Workshop – May 25
Have you ever wondered how a person becomes an entrepreneur? What does it take and what do you need to know? There is no scripted way to become an entrepreneur, but there are certainly things you can do to make the journey easier. Please join us for an informative and enlightening workshop featuring business leaders and professionals who will share their stories and insights and discuss the common characteristics that are shared by successful entrepreneurs.
* Duncan Moore, PhD, University of Rochester Professor of Optics, Biomedical Engineering and Business Administration and Vice Provost for Entrepreneurship http://www.optics.rochester.edu/people/faculty/moore_duncan/index.html<http://clinton4.nara.gov/WH/EOP/OSTP/Technology/html/Moore_Bio.html>
* Christopher Strohshal, PhD, Program Manager at Celltraffix and Principal at C. Strohsahl Consulting
* Mary Maida, PhD, President and CEO, Medingen
* Rami Katz, JD, MBA, Chief Operating Officer, Excell Partners, Inc.
Friday, May 25, 2012
10:00 am to 12:00 noon
Helen Wood Hall Auditorium (room 1W-304)
REGISTRATION via the link below is REQUIRED by May 18 for this WORKSHOP:
Hope to see you there!