GSA can provide funding for social and academic events that appeal to Arts, Sciences and Engineering graduate students. A graduate group can apply for funding to help support an event. In order to request funding or propose your event, please complete the form below and it will be sent to the appropriate Officer(s). Please note that there is a request cap of $200 for groups who already have other sources of funding (e.g., departmental funding).
If you have questions or concerns, please see the FAQ’s or contact the relevant member(s) of the executive board.
Note: If your funding request is approved, you will be required to provide receipts in order to receive reimbursement.
- Applications should be submitted at least two weeks (14 days) prior to the event date. Earlier submissions will increase the likelihood of funding.
- The event planned must be open to the entire graduate student body.
- The event must be sufficiently advertised to the entire graduate community with the GSA logo prominently displayed. You are encouraged to make use of the GSA emails for this purpose, by contacting the acting GSA Communications Officer.
- Please make sure your applications are complete. Incomplete applications will not be given best consideration.
- Questions about the application process or guidelines should be sent to the acting GSA Social and/or Academic Programming Officer.
- Applications should be submitted online, but if you need to submit a paper copy or additional materials, contact the Social and/or Academic Programming Officer.
- Groups may request funding for one event per semester.