Student Health Plan
All full-time students participate in the Student Health Plan, which includes the mandatory health fee and health insurance. Follow this link above to find out more information regarding the Student Health Plan.
The mandatory health fee assures the availability of accessible, high quality health care services on campus for all full-time University of Rochester students. All full-time students pay the mandatory health fee, regardless of the health insurance option they choose.
The mandatory health fee covers the care and services provided by the University Health Service (UHS) and the University Counseling Center (UCC). The fee does not cover health care visits to locations outside UHS and UCC. The mandatory health fee covers the following services:
- Primary care visits with physicians, nurse practitioners, and registered nurses at the University Health Service (UHS). (See Services for Students for information about the services offered for full-time students.)
- Time-limited therapy at University Counseling Center (UCC) on an individual, couples, or group basis.
- UHS physician and UCC mental health professional on call 24 hours/day, 7 days/week
- Health education and health promotion services
- Public health and disease prevention programs