• Is Box.com the same as Box.net?
• What are the benefits of cloud services?
• What kind of files can be shared and previewed with Box?
• Are alumni eligible for a UR Box account?
• How do I delete or suspend my UR Box account?
• How do I request a Guest NetID?
• How do I find contact information for my group admin?
• How do I change/update my info on the online directory?
• What are the browser and PC specifications for Box?
• Why is my connection to box slow and unresponsive?
• How do I transfer my files from Dropbox to Box?
• What is the classification of the Box service?
Yes. According to Box, the name was changed because .com is a more trusted, enterprise-worthy domain that is more in line with the product they have built over the past six years.
Cloud services provide many benefits to the University of Rochester, such as modest institutional cost for high-quality services, and also enterprise-level data management, security, and uptime provided 24/7 by highly specialized teams dedicated solely to the service.
Most common file types are supported. Visit the Box support site to view a complete list of file types supported by Box.
No. Alumni are ineligible for a Box account in the UofR Enterprise, but can create a personal Box account associated with any email address other than their "@rochester.edu" email.
Follow the instructions at the Guest Network Access System.
Please visit the faculty/staff online directory.
Follow the instructions listed here.
Box specifications are listed on the About Box page.
Box could be experiencing technical issues which can be verified at: http://status.box.com. Otherwise use self service to submit a ticket.
Please read the following article on how to transfer your files from Dropbox.
-Provides 72 hours of notice for planned down time
-Limits scheduled down time to 4 hours
-Schedules recurring downtime monthly (4 on 3rd Sunday of the month 12:00 am – 4:00 a.m. PST)
-Meets up-time of 99.9% of available hours