Terms of Service
Box Acceptable Use Agreement
As a user of the University of Rochester Box Service, you are responsible for all data and content that you upload to the Box Service or otherwise create using the Box Service (collectively, “Data”). In addition, YOU AGREE TO ABIDE BY THE FOLLOWING RULES IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR ACCESS TO AND/OR USE OF THE BOX SERVICE:
- You will not store University Information classified as Legally Restricted in the Box Service, as these terms are defined at pages 8 through 11 of the University’s Information Technology Policy at http://www.rochester.edu/it/policy/.
- You agree that your usage characteristics and stored data are subject to review at any time by University information security staff for purposes of ensuring compliance with University policies.
- The University of Rochester’s Box Service is primarily for University business purposes and as such will follow the same deprovisioning rules as other systems when an individual is no longer affiliated with the University of Rochester.
- You will not share passwords or devices or otherwise authorize any third party to access or use the Box Service on Your behalf.
- You will not engage in unlawful, fraudulent or illegal activity, including unauthorized access or unauthorized use of the Box Service or any accounts, computers or networks related to the Box Service.
- You will not attempt to access or view any information that You are not authorized to access or view. Accesses to data in the Box Service will conform to the University Information Technology Policy http://www.rochester.edu/it/policy/. You will not use the Box Service to breach or violate any confidentiality obligations, security controls or privacy requirements, including, without limitation, by collecting or harvesting confidential information.
- You will not use the Box Service to misappropriate or violate the rights of any third party, including, without limitation, using the Box Service to store, send, or make available materials protected by intellectual property rights of third parties without the permission of the owner of the intellectual property rights, unless otherwise permitted by applicable law.
- You will not damage, disrupt, interfere with, diminish, or render inaccessible or unusable the Box Service, the Site or others’ equipment or software or others’ data, communications or use of the Box Service, or attempt to do so, or encourage or assist others to do so.
- You will not initiate a denial of service attack from or against the Box Service or release a virus, Trojan horse, worms or other malware or spyware from or against the Box Service.
- You will not use the Box Service to perpetrate a hoax or engage in phishing schemes or forgery or other similar falsification or manipulation of data.
- You will not use the Box Service to abuse, harass, stalk, threaten, or otherwise violate the legal rights of others.
- You will not take any action that encourages or assists others in engaging in any acts prohibited under this Agreement (including, without limitation, providing others with the ability to access data they should not be able to access).
- You will abide by reasonable administrative directives issued by Box from time to time concerning the access or use of the Box Service.
If You are found to be in violation of the Box.Net Acceptable User Agreement, the University may take disciplinary action, including restriction of and possible loss of computing privileges or more serious consequences, up to and including suspension, termination, or expulsion from the University. You may also be subject to federal, state and local laws applicable to the prohibitions set forth in this Agreement.
If you have any questions about this agreement please contact your Chief Information Security Officer or the University IT or ISD Help Desk.