The operational initiatives highlighted below provide opportunities for greater efficiency through improved collaboration and coordination in the delivery of IT services to the University community.
Contract Management Program Office
The Contract Management Program Office was created in 2009 as a value-added service to assist with:
- Creating savings by utilizing trained personnel to consolidate contracts, leverage existing contracts and/or negotiate new contracts.
- Reducing risk by implementing a consistent review process for all information technology contracts.
- Creating efficiencies through collaboration with peer institutions and industry benchmarking to validate current contract terms, prices, and best practices.
The Architecture Team uses consensus to create information technology standards and guidelines, following industry best practices, in these area:
- Technology - hardware and software tools
- Information - data and metadata (semantics, identifiers, formats, protocols)
- Business - goals, organization, relationships, processes
- Solutions - compositions of business, information, and technology standards
With representatives from across the organization, the PMO oversees the pipeline of University IT programs and projects. High-level project milestones are tracked to provide information about project status and resource coordination, and to identify escalation points should there be any issues and/or risk decisions to be made.