The University's IT strategic initiatives are developed around the framework of three strategic goals:
Supporting the mission to learn, discover, heal, create, and make the world ever better.
- Developing enabling systems to support communications, advancement, and administration.
- Solidifying infrastructure to enable a modern data center, robust network, and comprehensive information security strategy.
In the coming years, these goals will be achieved through a focused effort on the following key initiatives:
- Completing a University-wide assessment of information technology to
> Reduce opacity in IT budgets
> Develop an effective and sustainable model for University-wide governance of IT
> Where opportunities exist, create additional shared services with the Medical Center
- Replacing the legacy finance information system (FRS) with a cloud-based system, Workday
- Investigating the replacement of the legacy student information system (ISIS)
- Continuing the deployment of the identity management system
- Evolving the network and telecommunications infrastructure to meet the changing needs of the University's clinical mission and the bring-your-own-everything era of technology.
The full FY09-FY13 IT Strategic Plan is available online.