Office 365 FAQs
- What is Office 365?
- When I am logged onto my computer, on the UR domain, intermittently I get a popup of “Autodiscover” that includes fields for typing in a username and password. What is this?
- Why are Outlook 2010 and Outlook 2011 recommended?
- What are the differences between Entourage 2008 and Outlook 2011?
- Having performance issue when connected to shared mailboxes on the on the exchange servers.
- Corrupt calendar entry that does not exist on my calendar or the shared mailbox calendar.
- When trying to use the one shared mailbox I had originally I was unable to send from it and received a bounce email message saying I was not authorized.
- How do I create a password for my phone once setup my email?
- Will my out of office message be sent to users with external email addresses?
- Will my out of office message be sent more than once if I’m gone for a while?
- Why can’t I see public folders?
- How do I retrieve email that I deleted from my Deleted Items folder?
- How do I Enable anArchive Mailbox
- How do you change the time zone to my current time zone?
For a more in-depth look at Office 365 and what it has to offer, please visit Microsoft's website.
When a user who has an Office 365 account, is sharing their calendar with a Microsoft Exchange user, the Exchange user will get the "AutoDiscover" popup. Their domain credentials can then be input and the checkbox for "Remember my password" can be checked.
Using Outlook 2010 or 2011 will allow a user to leverage all of the features of Office 365. Users on other clients may not be able access a feature if that client does not have specific support built in. Further, Microsoft support of these clients will lead to much faster resolution of any issues that may be introduced by upgrades to the Office 365 service.
----------Back to Top
Removing the shared email boxes then re-adding them and also removing the OST file has helped performance significantly.
Try dismissing the event. If it comes back up again, delete the corrupt event so the popup window will not come back.
Re-create the “from” address for your shared mailbox:
- Select the shared mailbox
- Create a new message
- Expand the "From" field drop-down list and click on the "X" next to the name of the shared mailbox
- Select "Other Email Address..."
- Enter the name of the shared mailbox email address and click "OK"
Refer to the getting started instructions for your device.
Yes, you will be able to send out of office messages to external email addresses. Go to Tools > Out of Office Assistant and click on Send oOut of Office auto-replies. The Inside My Organization tab will send out of office messages to Office 365 mailboxes. The Outside My Organization tab will send out of office messages to any mailbox outside of Office 365.
The Out of Office message will only be sent once to each sender, even when they email you multiple times during your absence. To reset, turn the Out of Office message off and then back on again.
Public folders are not supported in Office 365. Please refer to the public folder options document for options to replace your public folders.
In Outlook, click Tools > Recover Deleted Items.
You can create an archive mailbox to store historical messaging data by moving or copying messages from your primary mailbox to your archive mailbox.
You can change the time zone in the Outlook Web App.