Configuring Mac OS X Mail to view the Exchange 2003 Global Address Book
To add the Global Address Book as an LDAP server in the mail application:
1. In the address book, go to preferences, select LDAP
2. Add the U of R LDAP server (Press +) and fill in the following:
Note: Enter your U of R Domain account User name and Password in the Authentication section
3. In Mail, go to preferences, select Composing
- To have Apple Mail use the LDAP directory to autocomplete the email address based on email address or the person's name, select Automatically complete addresses
- Click on Configure LDAP
- Make sure the U of R entry is checked and listed in the box
4. To select users from the directory in Mail, select the Address Book, click Directories; click U of R
Please note the following if you choose to use this directory via LDAP:
- When accessing the Global Address Book via LDAP, you will not see the exact same information that Outlook users see. For example, you may see hidden objects that don't normally show up in the Outlook address book.
- You can only connect to the Global Address Book via LDAP if you have an Active Directory account - authentication is required.
- The LDAP server does not currently support secure communications, so your username and password will be passed in plain text. We recommend that you consider using VPN if you will be accessing the Global Address Book via LDAP from off-campus.