Configure Apple Contacts to Connect with Active Directory
The following instructions will guide you through the process of populating your Apple Contacts application using the University Global Address List. This configuration will connect with the University Exchange Active Directory and will require a valid Active Directory User Name and Password.
How to connect to Active Directory:
1. Open the Contacts application
2. From the Menu bar, click Contacts > Preferences
3. Click on the Accounts Tab
4. Click on “+” to add a new account
5. Click Create and follow the prompts:
- Account type: LDAP
- Server Address: ur.rochester.edu
- Server Options: Port 3268
- Description: Global Address List (GAL)
- Search Base: dc=ur,dc=rochester,dc=edu
- Scope: subtree
- Authentication: Simple
- User Name: "your Active Directory account"
- Password: "your Active Directory account password"
6. Click Create
You have now created an Active Directory connection.
Your Apple Contacts will now be populated with information from the Global Address List.