Mobile Device Management
Mobile Device Management (MDM) software secures, monitors, manages, and supports mobile devices deployed across mobile operators, service providers, and enterprises. MDM functionality includes over-the-air distribution of applications, data, and configuration settings for all types of mobile devices, including mobile phones, smart phones, tablet computers, etc. This applies to both company-owned and employee-owned devices across the enterprise or mobile devices owned by consumers.
By controlling and protecting the data and configuration settings for all mobile devices in the network, MDM can reduce support costs and business risks. The intent of MDM is to optimize the functionality and security of a mobile communications network while minimizing cost and downtime.
MDM gives customers and departments the ability to:
- Remotely locate, wipe, or lock your device in case of theft or misplacement
- Self-service page for monitoring your device
- Configure email, WIFI, and VPN with one-click profiles
- Future - Remote control support
- Future - Manage devices and department mobile apps in one central location
- Future - Share and collaborate on files and folders securely with content locker mobile apps and desktop apps
- Future - Browse the web with MDM secure browser
- Future - Data encryption
This Mobile Device Management service is being offered by the University IT MDM Team which is part of University Information Technology at the University of Rochester.
For more information about our MDM offering, please contact the IT Helpdesk at email@example.com or 275-2000.