Registering Your Mobile Device
In order to receive email on your mobile device, you will need to register it.
To register your device:
- Log in to the myIdentity portal at https://myidentity.rochester.edu/
- Click "Request Account"
- Click "Mobile Device Registration"
- Enter your information and click "Request Account". You will receive an email confirmation. Some users in "high risk" areas are required to be managed with a Mobile Device Management application and will receive different instructions when they register their mobile devices.
The verification email you receive after registering your device will contain the link to the appropriate instructions for your account.
It could take up to 15 minutes for Active Sync to be enabled on your account. If you still cannot access your email after 30 minutes, please contact the University IT Help Desk via email UnivITHelp@rochester.edu or phone (585)275-2000.
You will need to remove your University Exchange email account from your device.
- For iOS, this can be accomplished through Settings/Mail, Contacts, Calendars. Click your previous installation of your Exchange email and click "Delete Account".
- For Android, go to Settings, Accounts & Sync, select the account and Remove Account.
- For Windows Mobile, go to Settings, email+accounts, select the outlook account and tap the "X" to delete the account.