Voicemail to Email (Pilot)
University IT is piloting a feature that enables voicemail to create sound files (.wav) of messages left in your voicemail box and deliver them to your email. This feature allows you to listen to voicemail messages from anywhere without having to log in to the voicemail system, archive messages for future use, and leverage your email client or smartphone to alert you of a new voicemail.
Current limitations of the feature:
- Deleting messages from your email does not remove them from your voicemail box. Your voicemail box has a limited capacity and will be unable to receive new messages if full, so you will need to log into your voicemail box regularly to delete messages. This limitation will not be present in the final version.
- Deleting messages does not turn off the voicemail message waiting indicator light on your telephone. This limitation will not be present in the final version.
- The feature is only available to extensions on the University telephone system.
If you are interested in participating in the Voicemail to Email Pilot
Contact the IT Helpdesk at email@example.com and provide the following information:
- Extension of the telephone you would like the Voicemail to Email feature enabled on
- University email address to receive the sound files
If you have questions about this feature, please contact the IT Helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 275-2000.