IT Equipment Recovery Program
University IT and the UR Tech Store offer easy, secure recycling for personal and University-owned consumer electronics. Hard drives in recycled equipment will be destroyed at a secure University location, and serial number tracking on hard drives will give you peace of mind.
New York State law now requires recycling of virtually all electronics, as of January 1, 2015. Fines for improper disposal start at $100/incident.
1. Pick up (Departmental equipment only)
- We will pick up University-owned equipment from your UR location
- Monday - Friday, 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Usually completed within a few days of request
- No minimum number of items required
2. Drop off
- You can drop off equipment to the UR Tech Store's Medical Center location in G-7220B (Map)
- Monday - Friday, 9:00am - 4:00pm
Email us at email@example.com.
What's eligible for recycling?
We accept any IT equipment that does not contain hazardous materials, including:
• Computers (desktop, laptop)