Info for Current Users
- If you license directly through Oracle: Your Oracle Database license will automatically be rolled into the site license. You will be notified of your new discounted price, and you will receive a new Support Identifier (CSI) for access to Oracle support.
- If you license through a third party vendor: Depending on how the license was obtained, you may or not be eligible for participation in the site license. If your Oracle license appears as a separate line item from the vendor, we may be able to roll it into the site license. However, if your Oracle license was bundled with other products it may not be possible to separate it until your current contract expires, if at all. Please contact Dave Lindskoog at email@example.com, 275-3408, to see if you qualify.
Obtaining a New License
Contact Site Licensing at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include info about your project, platform(s), and expected number of users.
Maintenance and Support
Maintenance and support are included in the site license. Licensed users have access to Oracle’s Metalink support site, where they can search for technical info, submit service requests, participate in forums, and read bulletins. The primary database administrator may also download patches and updates.
Products included in the Oracle Enterprise Edition site license:
- Java Engine
- Workflow Engine
- HTML DB
- Intermedia and Oracle Text
- Advanced Queuing and Replication
- Rolling Updates
- Incremental Backup and Recovery
- Standby Database and Recovery Manager
- Flashback Database
- Oracle Dataguard (for Disaster Recovery)
- Virtual Private Database (for Security)
- Fine Grained Auditing (for Security)
- Parallel Query/DML (for Performance)
- Data Compression (for Performance)
- Bitmap Indices and Parallel Bitmap-Star query
- Connection Manager and Pooling
- Automatica Storage Manager (ASM)
- Visual Information and Retrieval
- Drivers (ODBC, MPI, OLE, OCI)
- Transportable Tablespaces (including cross platform)
- Oracle Enterprise Manager and Grid Control (Web-based Management Console)
- Database Management Packs:
- Diagnostic Pack (automatically identifies problems and potential problems in the database)
- Tuning Pack (provides recommendations to solve these problems)
- Configuration Management Pack (monitors the database, OS, and hardware, and identifies required patches, updates, or improvements. Walks administrators through the applicaiton of these changes, connects directly to Oracle support for the required patches, and applies recommended configurations for performance and system health.)