STATA & Stat/Transfer
Stata is a complete, integrated statistical package that provides the tools needed for data analysis, data management, and graphics. Stata 11 adds many new features such as multiple imputation, factor variables, GMM, competing-risks regression, state-space modeling, predictive margins, a Variables Manager, and more. The MP version adds parallel processing capabilities. . . . Stat/Transfer converts data between different spreadsheet and statistical programs, including Stata, Excel, JMP, Matlab, Minitab, SPSS and SAS.
About the License:
The University of Rochester participates in Stata's GradPlan. The logistics are very different from our other site licenses. Users order directly from STATA Corp with P.O., credit card or check, according to the instructions below. You must use a rochester.edu email address. STATA will send us the license code and list of items ordered. STATA will also email confirmation to the user. We will put media and license on reserve in the user's name at the IT Center desk and send a "ready for pick-up" email to the user. Please wait for this email before coming to pick up the media.
- Stata 12
- Stat/Transfer 11
Platforms: Windows, Mac, or Linux (except where noted)
STUDENTS ONLY: one-year licenses
- Small Stata 12 for Win or Mac only: $49
- Stata/IC 12 (Intercooled) $98
STUDENTS AND FACULTY: perpetual licenses
- Stat/Transfer 11 for Win or Mac $69
- Stata/IC 12 $179
- Stata/SE 12 $395
- Stata/MP 12 (2-core) $845
- Stata/MP 12 (4-core) $1,195
MANUALS these will be shipped directly to you - shipping additional:
- A Gentle Introduction to Stata, 2nd Edition $48
- Printed Documentation Set (formerly called GradDocs) $295 (regularly $595; discount available only at time of Stata software purchase)
- Go to Stata GradPlan and print this web page to serve as your quote.
- Prepare a blue 312 requisition, listing Stata Corp as the vendor:
- Stata Corporation
4905 Lakeway Drive
College Station, TX 77845
Phone: 800-782-8272 (Mon-Fri 7:30 to 5:00 CT)
- Stata Corporation
- Send requisition and quote (web page) to Purchasing, Box 278901.
Or you may pay by personal credit card on the website. If you wish to pay by check, please make it payable to Stata Corporation and mail with your order to the address above.
You must include your rochester.edu email address when ordering. You will receive an email from University IT when your Stata media are ready for pick-up. Do not attempt to pick up your materials until you have received this email. The software will be reserved in your name at the IT Center help desk, located in the back of Rush Rhees Library at ground/tunnel level. Software on reserve may be picked up 8:00 - 5:00 PM, Mon-Fri.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org