Student Job Opportunities in University IT
University Information Technology has a number of job opportunities for students at the University of Rochester. In order to work for University IT, you must be a full-time, registered student. Learn more about specific job opportunities below.
Classroom Technology Technicians support and provide technology to classrooms on the River Campus at the University of Rochester. This delivering and operating equipment, troubleshooting A/V equipment, and helping faculty and instructors integrate technology into their instruction. Consultants will work with computers, networks, and video conferencing/recording/streaming. The work environment involves constant collaboration with other students, full-time staff, and instructors over the phone and in person. This is not a typical desk job!
In this role, you will be responsible for assisting students, faculty, staff and visitors with various technologies supported by University Information Technology.
- Assist with network registration and troubleshooting both wireless and wired network connections.
- Remove various types of malware from personal computers of students, faculty and staff.
- Troubleshoot NetID and login issues.
- Provide support via a variety of methods including walk-in, telephone and Chat.
- Understanding of networking, software and operating system basics.
- Experience installing software, and updates on desktop computers and laptops.
- Professional demeanor and the ability to communicate effectively in person and over the phone.
- Working knowledge of Windows, Macintosh and Linux operating systems.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills.
Printing Support Technicians are responsible for the day-to-day maintenance and troubleshooting of all aspects of the UR Printing system, including restocking printers and responding to support calls after hours.
ResNet consultants are responsible for establishing and troubleshooting ResNet Internet connections. ResNet consultants will also troubleshoot and repair software problems with patrons’ computers. Training will be provided.
The UR Tech Store is looking to hire for the Rush Rhees Library store. Responsibilities include customer service, stocking shelves and running the cash register. The store is open weekdays from 9am to 5pm and would like to have coverage during the mid-day rush. Experience in customer service preferred (but not required). Tasks require basic computer skills and organization skills.