Connecting to UR_Connected with Windows 8
Before starting, ensure that you have wireless enabled on your computer.
1. To begin the configuration, access the Charms Bar by pressing Windows Key + C or swiping in from the right side of the screen.
2. Select Settings.
3. Select Control Panel.
4. Select Network and Internet.
5. Select Network and Sharing Center.
6. Select "Set up a new connection or network."
7. Select "Manually connect to a wireless network."
8. Enter the UR_Connected network information as follows:
9. Select Next. You will receive a notification that you have successfully added UR_Connected to your available networks.
10. Select "Change connection settings."
11. Select the Security tab.
12. Select "Microsoft: Protected EAP (PEAP)" from the network authentication method drop-down menu.
13. After selecting "Microsoft: Protected EAP (PEAP)," click on the Settings button next to it.
14. In the Protected EAP Properties window, select "Secured password (EAP-MSCHAP v2)" from the Authentication Method drop-down menu.
15. Select OK to complete the configuration.
16. Access the Charms Bar by pressing Windows Key + C or swiping in from the right side of the screen.
17. Select Settings.
18. Select Available.
19. Select UR_Connected and choose Connect.
21. If prompted to verify the connection, choose Connect.
22. When prompted, enter your UR Active Directory user name and password. If you do not know your user name, you can visit the MyIdentity page to view it.
23. You are now connected to UR_Connected.
If you have questions or require additional assistance, please contact University IT at (585) 275-2000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.