- What is the format of the NetID?
- To make it easy to remember, NetID is based on your name. However, since some names are very common, the algorithm used had to make allowances for that, since each NetID must be unique to a specific person. Specifically, NetID is your first initial plus up to 7 characters from your last name. If the result is ambiguous (i.e., not unique) then for names shorter than 8 characters, append a digit. For names that would use the full 8 characters, drop the last character and replace it with a digit (start at 2 and count up). If more digits are needed to make the ID unique, drop one more character to the left and continue.
jsmith kbergema jdoe jsmith9 kbergem1 jdoe2 jsmith11 kberge10 jdoe999
Can I change my NetID password?
- Yes, you can change your NetID password in the MyIdentity portal.
What do I do if I forget my password?
- Go to the MyIdentity portal and answer your security question to reset your password.
What do I do if I forget the answer to my security question?
- You can get assistance with your NetID at one of the following locations:
- IT Center (8am - 5pm, M-F, located on the ground floor of Rush Rhees Library)
- Payroll (PERC 8am - 4:30pm, M-F, located in room 1-7220 in the Medical Center)
- Eastman IT group (9am - 4:30pm, M-F, located in room 35 in the basement of Eastman by the Internet Cafe)
Can I change my security question and answer?
- Yes, you can change your security question and answer in the MyIdentity portal.
What do I do if I forget my user name or NetID logon?
- Rediscover your NetID by going through the initialization process.