Our drop-in meditation sittings (now virtual!) offer the breathing space you need to thrive throughout your week. Simply sign in to the Zoom link below at any of the times listed below, get comfy, and enjoy a peaceful break.
Virtual Meditation: For Students, By Students
Join Sylvia Lin, class of 2021 and meditation facilitator for the Mindful University Project, for a virtual 20-minute meditation session each week. She will hold space on Mondays from 10:00 – 10:20 p.m. for an evening meditation practice. Open to all undergraduate and graduate students! Prior experience is not necessary. Streamed on Instagram Live @URMindfulUniversityProject.
Can’t make it live? Listen to our recorded meditation offerings on the Mindful U YouTube Channel anywhere, anytime!
This meditation will be led by one of our certified Koru Mindfulness teachers, Kyle Trenshaw, and practices will rotate each week and include formats such as body scans, breath awareness, and mindful movement. Prior meditation experience is not necessary. Open to all students, faculty, and staff.
If you would like to join this practice, please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org for the Zoom link.
Wednesdays: Mindful Drop-ins – 7:00 to 8:00 PM
- Each 30-minute session of the Mindful drop-ins includes 1) a verbal description of the practice, 2) the practice itself (usually 10-15 minutes), and 3) a verbal debrief.
The meditation room is located on the third floor of the Douglass Commons Building and is open for individual prayer and meditation use on Monday through Friday, from 7:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. Outside of these hours, reservations can be placed for activities appropriate for a meditation room.
When in the mediation room please:
- Remove your shoes and place them in the cubbies outside the room, or put the booties provided over your shoes
- Silence all cell phones and electronic devices
- Be respectful of other’s using the space at the same time you are
Yoga is a wonderful contemplative practice which can bridge the gap between mind and body. Our drop-in yoga classes are appropriate for all levels, whether you’re brand new to the practice or an experienced yogi. Please remember to wear comfortable clothing and bring a yoga mat if you have one. A limited number of mats may be available if needed. Open to all students, faculty, and staff.
Mindful Yoga Stretch
Taught by the Mindful University Project’s Jenny Lee (class of 2023), this virtual class will help you to achieve a full body stretch to relieve stress and increase relaxation. Prior yoga experience is not necessary.
- Released every other Saturday morning on the Mindful U YouTube channel (starting 2/6).
- Watch the practice anytime, anywhere!
This 60 minute yoga practice is truly for all levels because every pose can be modified or intensified. Flow moves one breath at a time, with intentional space for stillness; it’s mindfulness meditation in motion which means you will leave class with powerful strategies to help you navigate through daily stressors.
- Tuesdays 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm EST
- Zoom Meeting ID: 869 3015 2080 / Passcode: 988091
This class, led by Sylvia Lin (class of 2021), will help you increase mind-muscle connection and body awareness to de-stress the body. The focus will be on slow movements to help with body posture and release tension from tight muscles after working long hours in front of the screen.
- Every other Monday starting February 8th from 10:00 – 10:30 am EST
- Streamed on Instagram Live @URMindfulUniversityProject.