- To assure the rights and well-being of human subjects participating in research are protected
- To educate researchers about how to improve study conduct
- To provide resources to the Research Community
Research Education and Training
To assist researchers in protecting the rights, welfare and safety of human subjects by providing educational opportunities and resources in research ethics and human subject safety, with an emphasis on proper and responsible conduct of human subject research.
- To enable study teams to conduct human subject research in compliance with Federal regulations, institutional policy and good clinical practice thereby mitigating risks to human subjects.
- To cultivate high quality research through study team support and outreach.
Upcoming Training Opportunities
OHSP Training Opportunities
The training opportunities identified below are described further here. Please email Kelly Unsworth to register (include your name, title and contact information as well as the name and date of the course you would like to register for). External registrants will be asked to complete a registration form (registration fees will be charged for external attendees).
- Orientation to Conducting Human Subject Research
- This course is now available through Blackboard. A description of the course, including a content outline and course objectives are available here. Instructions for self-enrolling into the Blackboard course are available here.
- Research Boot Camp
- Friday, January 15, 2016, 8:00-11:50, Location TBD
OHSP Monthly Seminar Series:
OHSP seminars are held from 12:00-1:00pm in the Helen Wood Hall Auditorium (1W-304).
- Tuesday, November 17th:
- A Look Inside: The Roles and Responsibilities of a Coordinating Center (Presented by: Emily Flagg, Senior Specialist, RSRB)
Human Subjects Training
Education & Training
- Education & Training Opportunities
- Supplemental Training
- Professional Certification
- Listserv Signup
- OHSP Library
- Additional Resources
- Investigator & Coordinator
- Board Member
- Department Reviewer
- Ancillary Committee
- Quick Reference Materials