ROSS Training ....
RSRB ROSS training 3rd Monday of every month from 2pm to 3pm. Please Click HERE to sign up.
Certification Renewal Instructions
Please follow these instructions to renew your Human Subject Protection Program Number (HSPP and EPRP number). Please contact our office if you are not sure which human subject protection program number you have (e.g., HSPP, EPRP). Please note: Your expiration date will change depending on when you complete the program.
To renew your number, you need to take a series of short on-line refresher courses with brief quizzes. The instructions below will guide you through the process. When you successfully complete the program, we will receive notification via email. You do not need to contact us.
We have selected an on-line program called the Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI Program). The program was developed as a collaborative effort among various universities and organizations (including UR) to provide a comprehensive selection of educational modules that can be used to satisfy institutional instructional mandates in the Protection of Human Research Subjects. The University of Miami administers the program.
For users who have previously renewed through the CITI program: Login at the link below with your previous user name and password. If you have forgotten your user name or password, click on Forgot username or password? and follow the instructions. If for any reason you cannot get into the system, contact me.
For first time users: To access the program from your web browser, go to https://www.citiprogram.org. Proceed as follows:
- Click on "New Users Register Here"
- Complete the registration steps 1-8 (under step 1. "Participating Institutions" select the "University of Rochester" from the drop-down box). When you have completed all steps, submit the information.
- You will be linked to a screen where you will enter contact information. After you submit the information the next screen will ask what course you need to take:
Select Human Subject Protection and click Next.
You will be linked to a page where you will select the group appropriate to your research activities. The six groups are:
- HSPP Biomedical - for greater than minimal risk research (e.g., drug and device studies)
- HSPP Behavioral - for greater than minimal risk research (e.g., research on "sensitive" issues)
- EPRP - for minimal risk research
- IRB (for board members only)
- IRB Reference Resource (Not Applicable)
- CITI Good Clinical Practive Course (non-compulsory)
After you have selected the appropriate group, you will be linked to the educational modules specifically related to that role. You will need 1.5 to 2 hours to complete the refresher course, but you can leave the course and come back to it as many times as you need. You need at least a score of 85% to successfully renew your number. You can retake the quizzes until you achieve an 85%.
When you successfully complete the course, we will receive verification from the University of Miami. You do not need to notify our office. At that time, we will send you an email with a letter attached confirming that you have successfully renewed your number with a new expiry date. Your HSPP or EPRP number will remain the same.
If you have any questions, please contact Bill Kelvie at 585-275-5244 or by email,firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Listserv Signup
- Basic Guidelines
- Investigator Responsibilities
- IND Information for Investigators
- Statistics and Study Design
- Listserv Signup
- Professional Certification
- 3-day Workshop
- Advanced Workshops
- Study Self Audit Tools
- SCORE Group
- Shipping Biologicals and Hazardous Materials