- To assure the rights and well-being of human subjects participating in research are protected
- To educate researchers about how to improve study conduct
- To provide resources to the Research Community
Good Clinical Practice (GCP) Training
Study team members wishing to complete GCP training, in addition to human subjects training, may do so via the Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI). While this training is not required by the University, it may be required by sponsors and/or funding agencies (see information below regarding National Institutes of Health GCP training requirements).
To access this course, go to the CITI webpage at www.citiprogram.org and enter your username and password to log in:
- From the Main Menu, click the arrow immediately to the left of "University of Rochester Courses" to display your coursework and then select "Add a Course".
- Select "Good Clinical Practice" and click "Next". One the following page, select and one of the GCP courses to complete and click "Next".
- To begin the course, click the name of the course listed on the Main Menu, complete the "Integrity Assurance Statement" and then select the name of the first module under the Required Modules listing.
- Once you have completed the course, print (or save) a copy of the Course Completion report.