- To assure the rights and well-being of human subjects participating in research are protected
- To educate researchers about how to improve study conduct
- To provide resources to the Research Community
CITI GCP Training
All study team members at the University of Rochester who have successfully completed and maintained training through the Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) have met the University's requirements for ethical, as well as Good Clinical Practice (GCP) training. Please refer sponsors and other oversight entities to the following documentation regarding this, as necessary.
GCP Training Documentation Memo
If study team members wish to complete supplemental GCP training, in addition to the required CITI training, a GCP training module is available for use through CITI. Completing this additional training module is optional, though recommended for study team members conducting research that involves drugs, devices or biologics. As this training is optional, study team members must maintain all documentation related to completion of this GCP course themselves; OHSP does not monitor completion of this course.
To access this course, go to the CITI webpage and enter your username and password to log in:
- From the Main Menu, click "University of Rochester Courses" and then "Add a Course or Update Learner Group".
- Select "Human Subject Protection" and click "Next".
- Select either the Initial or Recertification Good Clinical Practices course (as appropriate) and click "Next".
- To begin the course, click the name of the course off of the course listing on the Main Menu, complete the "Integrity Assurance Statement" and select the name of the first module under the Required Modules listing.
- Once you have completed the course, print (or save) a copy of the Course Completion report.
If you have any questions about registering for CITI or completing this training, please contact Kelly Unsworth at (585) 275-5244 or by email.
Human Subjects Training
Education & Training
- Education & Training Opportunities
- Supplemental Training
- Professional Certification
- Listserv Signup
- OHSP Library
- Additional Resources
- Investigator & Coordinator
- Board Member
- Department Reviewer
- Ancillary Committee
- Quick Reference Materials