Starting Monday, Sept. 9 the city of Rochester will begin a two-week milling and paving project along Elmwood Avenue between East Drive and Wilson Boulevard that will likely cause traffic delays, especially in the morning and at the end of the work day. Faculty, staff, patients and visitors are strongly encouraged to find alternate routes and avoid the area if possible.
Work is expected to end by Sept. 24, barring any weather delays.
Here’s what you need to know:
- One lane of traffic will be available in both directions on Elmwood at all times.
- Contractors are working with city and university officials to ensure the 911 call center is informed of any lane closures.
- Access will be maintained to the entrances of Strong Memorial Hospital and to the Emergency Department for ambulances. Flaggers will be on site to direct drivers as needed.
- The work will cause some vibration from the construction work and annoying odors
- No route changes are anticipated for RTS buses or UR shuttles, but delays anticipated.
- Entrance to the School of Medicine and Dentistry will remain accessible. Follow directions given by flaggers as appropriate.
Want help navigating your route? Download the UR Mobile app, which works with the Waze app to provide real-time traffic conditions with pinpoint accuracy.
Please check back here for updates. If you have questions or concerns, please call James Wentworth, 273-1907, firstname.lastname@example.org.