UR Medicine/Strong Memorial Hospital
601 Elmwood Avenue
Rochester, NY 14642
Parking Questions? Call 585.275.4524
- Located at 601 Elmwood Avenue
- Is open for parking 24 hours a day,7 days per week.
- We offer hourly, daily, and weekly parking rates.
- Yellow Ramp – entrance/exit are on East Drive
- Blue Ramp – accessed by hospital’s main loop on Thomas Jackson Drive
- Located at 601 Elmwood Avenue.
- If driving yourself, see our ED parking attendant prior to parking yourself. The Emergency Department
parking lot is reserved for patients who drive themselves only.
- Patients can be dropped off at the ED door (do not go to the ambulance bay) and patrons may park in the hospital garage.
Valet Parking Services:
- Valet service accepts cash or credit cards.
- For $8.00 we’ll park your car and return it to you at our convenient valet stand locations.
- Valet service is available weekdays at:
- Jackson Drive Entrance – 6 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Wilmot Cancer Center, Crittenden Blvd. – 7 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
To Retrieve Your Vehicle:
- Visit one of the valet desks in the Main Lobby or Cancer Center (until 8:00 p.m.) or visit
Patient Discharge (until 5:00 p.m.)
- After 8:00 p.m. speak with an Ambassador, or use the valet phone in the hospital’s main lobby.
For Faster Service Use Pay-In-Lane Exit Stations
These Exit Stations accept validation tickets or credit cards.
Attendants accept cash, validation tickets and credit cards (Discover, MasterCard, or Visa).
|0 – 30 minutes||Free|
|31 – 60 minutes||$3.00|
|61 minutes – 2 hours||$5.00|
|2 hours – 24 hours||$6.00|
Take your ticket with you when entering the hospital.
- Visitors who misplace their parking ticket will be charged the maximum daily rate of $6.00.
- Obtain a day pass at the parking booth exit if you will be returning on the same day. Day pass valid for 24 hours, from the entry time stamp on receipt.
- Multiple-day from 1-7 day parking passes can be purchased for $6.00 per day. Pass must be purchased prior to exiting the visitor parking areas.
- Validation tickets may be purchased (minimum of 3 and maximum of 10) at the Hospital Garage Visitor Parking Office or Parking Management Center (70 Goler House). The cost per ticket is $4.50. Validation tickets are good for one exit up to $6.00. Tickets do not expire.
- Bone Marrow Transplant patients and parents of pediatric patients may purchase double the maximum number of validation tickets at a special rate upon presentation of SMH admission paperwork to the Cashier’s Office only.
- Thirty-day passes are available to immediate family members who are visiting an inpatient who has been admitted at least 30 consecutive days. A letter from a social worker is required. Please speak with the social worker on the unit the patient is located. Present letter to the Cashier’s Office or the Hospital Garage Visitor Parking office to purchase a pass.