Whether you’re coming as a patient or a visitor, we strive to make parking as convenient as possible.
Visitor Parking Locations
Our Hospital Garage
Our six-floor ramp garage is attached to Strong Memorial Hospital, Golisano Children’s Hospital and Wilmot Cancer Center. You can enter the garage from Thomas Jackson Drive off Elmwood Avenue or from East Drive between Elmwood Avenue and Crittenden Blvd. (see Visitor Parking Map ).
You will find that the garage is a “double-helix” design, composed of two separate intertwining ramps. To navigate the garage please click on this illustration. The yellow ramp has its entrance and exit on East Drive; the blue ramp is accessed by the hospital’s main loop on Thomas Jackson Drive. Each area of the garage is denoted by a specific series of letters, and special signs are posted in nearby staircases and elevators to help guests note where they parked their car.
Lot 14 – Saunders Research Building
The Saunders Visitor Lot (Lot 14) located on Crittenden Blvd. across the street from Strong Memorial Health & Wellness is also available for visitor use. Turn into the Saunders Research Building circle to enter this lot.
Paying for Parking
Pay-In-Lane Exit Stations
For faster service these “in lane” Exit Stations can accept validated tickets or credit cards.
Our attendants accept all forms of payment. Cash, credit card (Discover, MasterCard, or Visa) can be accepted by our friendly staff in exit cashier booths. Please let us know if you’ll be returning on the same day to receive a re-entry timestamp on your receipt valid for 24 hours from the time of original entry.
Take your ticket with you when entering the hospital.
|0 – 30 minutes||Free|
|31 – 60 minutes||$3.00|
|61 minutes – 2 hours||$5.00|
|2 hours – 24 hours||$6.00|
Please note: Visitors who misplace their parking ticket will be charged the maximum daily rate of $6.00.
Multiple-day parking passes may be purchased for $6.00 per day at the Visitor Parking Office (Hospital Garage).
Validation tickets may be purchased (minimum of three and a maximum of ten) at any of the locations listed below. The cost of a ticket is $4.50 and is good for one exit up to $6.00. Tickets do not expire.
Thirty-day passes are available to immediate family members who are visiting an inpatient who has been admitted at least 30 consecutive days. A letter from a social worker is required. Please speak with the social worker on the unit the patient is located. Present letter to the Cashier’s office or the Visitor Parking office (Hospital Garage) to purchase a pass.
Valet Parking Services
Convenient valet parking service is available weekdays from 6:00am to 5:00pm at the:
- Hospital’s Main Entrance off Elmwood Avenue
- Wilmot Cancer Center off Crittenden Blvd.
To Use Valet Parking Service
- Drive into the traffic circle and signal a Parking Representative or a Hospital Ambassador. An $8.00 upfront fee covers both valet service and parking.
- At the end of your visit, hand the valet your valet stub to have your vehicle retrieved. Or, you can call the number printed on the bottom of the valet stub to arrange to have your car waiting for you.
- If you are leaving the hospital after 5:00pm, visit the main lobby information desk or call 585.275.2182 to retrieve your vehicle.
Valet Parking – Main Entrance
Valet Parking – Cancer Center
Parking at the Emergency Department
- To get to the Emergency Department turn into the main entrance of Strong Memorial Hospital and take the first right.
- If you are driving yourself, see our parking attendant prior to parking yourself. The Emergency Department lot is reserved for patients who drive themselves only.
- If you are bringing in a patient you can drop them off at the door (do not go to the ambulance bay) and then park in the hospital garage.
Directions to the Medical Center
The Medical Center, home to the School of Medicine and Dentistry, School of Nursing, and Strong Memorial Hospital, is located on 601 Elmwood Avenue just south of the River Campus.
- Hospital Garage Parking: 585.273.4226. Hours: Open Monday through Friday 24 hours per day.
- Parking Management Center (70 Goler House): 585.275.4524. Hours: Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:15 p.m.