Directions and Parking – Medical Center/Strong Hospital
Strong Memorial Hospital
601 Elmwood Avenue
Rochester, NY 14642
Parking Questions? Call 585.275.4524
The Medical Center has a ramp garage located near Golisano Children’s Hospital and Wilmot Cancer Center, and is open for parking 24 hours a day, 7 days per week. We offer hourly, daily, and weekly parking rates. Entrance to the garage is from Thomas Jackson Drive off Elmwood Avenue or from East Drive between Elmwood Avenue and Crittenden Blvd.
To navigate the garage please click on this illustration. Each area of the garage is denoted by a specific series of letters, and special signs are posted in nearby staircases and elevators to help guests note where they parked their car.
The yellow ramp has its entrance and exit on East Drive
The blue ramp is accessed by the hospital’s main loop on Thomas Jackson Drive.
- Enter the hospital grounds from Elmwood Avenue. The emergency entrance is on 601 Elmwood Avenue.
- If you are driving yourself, see our parking attendant prior to parking yourself. The Emergency Department lot is reserved for patients who drive themselves only.
- Patients can be dropped off at the door (do not go to the ambulance bay) and patrons may park in the hospital garage.
Visitor Parking – Lot 14 – Saunders Research Building (SRB)
- The Saunders Visitor Lot is located on Crittenden Blvd. across from Strong Memorial Health & Wellness.
- Turn into the Saunders Research Building circle to enter this lot.
Pay-In-Lane Exit Stations
For faster service these “in lane” Exit Stations can accept validation tickets or credit cards.
Our attendants accept cash and credit card (Discover, MasterCard, or Visa).
|0 – 30 minutes||Free|
|31 – 60 minutes||$3.00|
|61 minutes – 2 hours||$5.00|
|2 hours – 24 hours||$6.00|
Take your ticket with you when entering the hospital.
- Visitors who misplace their parking ticket will be charged the maximum daily rate of $6.00.
- Obtain a day pass at the parking booth exit if you will be returning on the same day. Day pass valid for 24 hours, from the entry time stamp on receipt.
- Multiple-day from 1-7 day parking passes can be purchased for $6 per day. Pass must be purchased prior to exiting the visitor parking areas. Passes may be purchased at the Hospital Garage Visitor Parking Office.
- Validation tickets may be purchased (minimum of 3 and maximum of 10) at any of the Hospital Garage Visitor Parking Office or Parking Management Center (70 Goler House). The cost per ticket is $4.50. They are good for one exit up to $6.00. Tickets do not expire.
- Bone Marrow Transplant patients and parents of pediatric patients may purchase double the maximum number of validation tickets at a special rate upon presentation of SMH admission paperwork to the Cashier’s Office only.
- Thirty-day passes are available to immediate family members who are visiting an inpatient who has been admitted at least 30 consecutive days. A letter from a social worker is required. Please speak with the social worker on the unit the patient is located. Present letter to the Cashier’s Office or the Hospital Garage Visitor Parking office to purchase a pass.
Valet Parking Services
Convenient valet parking service is available weekdays from 6:00am to 5:00pm at the:
- Hospital’s Main Entrance off Elmwood Avenue– Valet Parking – Main Entrance
- Wilmot Cancer Center off Crittenden Blvd.- Valet Parking – Cancer Center
To Use Valet Parking Service
- Drive into the traffic circle and signal a Valet Attendant or a Hospital Ambassador. An $8.00 upfront fee covers both valet service and parking.
- At the end of your visit, hand the Valet Attendant your valet stub to have your vehicle retrieved. Or, you can call the number printed on the valet stub to arrange to have your car waiting for you.
- If you are leaving the hospital after 5:00pm, visit the Main Lobby Information desk or call 585.275.2182 to retrieve your vehicle.