Printing from personal computers
River Campus Public Pay for Print Installer Packages
The University Community now has the ability to print to the River Campus Public Pay for Print system from their personal computers. In order to successfully print to any of the UR-Printing locations, you must download and save the appropriate installer package (Macintosh or PC) to a temporary location on your computer. Before installing the software please refer to the appropriate installation guide for step-by-step instructions on configuring your machine properly. In order for this installation to be successful you must be logged into your machine with an account that has administrator-level privileges.
University of Rochester assumes no responsibility for any damage or loss of data caused by installing this software; please be sure to back up all critical data before installing any new software package.
Updating from previous versions
If you installed Wireless printing drivers for the Public Pay for Print system prior to July 1, 2015, you must update your existing drivers.
- Upgrading: Uninstall Pharos via Programs & Features. If you see an error during uninstallation, there is a manual uninstallation script available. Download, unzip, and run Remove-Popups.vbs. See details in the step-by-step installation guide.
- Download the installation file here: Pharos Client 8.4 for Windows
- Close any open applications before starting the installation. You must be logged into your machine with an account that has administrator privileges.
- Double Click the RC Public Printing.exe to begin the installation.
- Download the installation file here: Pharos Client 8.4 for Mac
- Double Click RC Public Printing.dmg, and run Popup.pkg from the mounted volume to begin the installation.
- Upgrading: a shortcut to the uninstaller is included on the disk image. Run the uninstaller before installing the new version if you have the previous client. The installer can also be run manually from /Library/Application Support/Pharos/Utilities/Uninstaller.