Skip to main content

Office of the University Registrar

FAQ – For New Students

Where can I obtain a Student ID?

Student ID numbers are assigned when a student has applied and been accepted at the University. Student ID’s as well as NetID’s are issued to admitted students in an email from Admissions sent on or after May 3rd along with other materials regarding admission.

When do I register for classes?

Advising and registration will occur at the end of August.

I sent a transcript to be evaluated for credit, have you received it? AP credit? Summer courses?

Please contact Academic Records at (585) 275-4982 to confirm that the information has been received and evaluated.

How do I obtain a NetID?

To obtain a NetID you will need your student ID number or Social Security number. Contact Information Technology Services at

How do I obtain an Enrollment verification?

Enrollment verifications are available after registration for classes has occurred.

Who do I contact for housing?

Residential Life will assist you at (585) 275-3166.

Where can I get questions answered about Orientation?

You may call the Orientation program at (585) 275-4414 or email them at