FAQ—For New students
- Where can I obtain a Student ID and PIN?
Student ID numbers are assigned when a student has applied and been accepted at the University. You may call the Office of the University Registrar at (585) 275-8131 or come in person to obtain your University ID#. You may also call for a temporary PIN.
- When do I register for classes?
Advising and registration will occur at the end of August.
- I sent a transcript to be evaluated for credit, have you received it? AP credit? Summer courses?
Please contact Academic Records at (585) 275-4982 to confirm that the information has been received and evaluated.
- How do I obtain a NetID?
To obtain a NetID you will need your Student ID# or Social Security Number. Contact Information Technology Services at http://www.rochester.edu/its/netid/
- How do I obtain an Enrollment Verification?
Enrollment Verifications are available after registration for classes has occured. Prior to this registration, you may request a letter from the Office of the University Registrar describing your enrollment status. Contact the Verification Coordinator at (585) 276-4025.
- Who do I contact for housing?
Residential Life will assist you at (585) 275-3166.
- Where can I get questions answered about Orientation?
You may call the Orientation program at (585) 275-4414 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org