Grades can be submitted beginning on the last day of classes (Tuesday, May 1st). Grades for seniors are due no later than Tuesday, May 15th at 4 p.m. Grades for all other students are due no later than Tuesday, May 22nd at 4 p.m.
More Information about Grading:
Confidentiality of Graded Material
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, FERPA, gives students a right of privacy regarding grades in courses and on individual assignments. It has been determined with the University's counsel that privacy issues arise when tests or papers are returned in class or put in boxes outside office doors. Listed below are permissible ways to return graded material.
- Return the graded material in envelopes, with only the student's name visible. (Note that it is not acceptable to permit students to look through a pile of exams or papers, even if the grades are not on the cover page.)
- Return the graded material in discussion sections or labs, where instructors can hand it directly to students.
- Have TAs return graded material directly to smaller groups of students during or after lecture.
- Have students pick up graded material at a departmental office.
- Seal the blue book or paper with envelope seals. No grades or comments should be visible until the seal is broken.