Office for Residential Life
& Housing Services

General Information

Contract General Information

There are a few items of information related to the University Housing and Dining agreement that are important for you to note, including:

  • Because it is so important to what we offer as a university, all freshmen and sophomores are required to live in University housing (unless you have Residential Life’s approval to live with parents or a close relative).
  • Your residence hall contract is binding for the entire year immediately upon submission (two years for freshmen). If you sign other contracts for successive years, each of them is binding for the full academic year.
  • Your minimum meal plan requirement is tied to your residence hall. A new dining contract will need to be submitted each year as you progress through your undergraduate career. All students have a meal plan requirement, even if they live off campus.
  • If we have more students wanting housing than the spaces immediately available, you may be assigned to triple or lounge accommodations. You receive a housing discount for living in such housing.
  • The residence halls and dining centers are officially closed during winter recess, though several residence halls will be designated as break housing locations and will remain open on a limited basis.
  • Individuals requesting disability accommodations for housing or dining should refer to the information provided by Disability Services and Support.

Housing Guidelines Brochures/Contracts